Skip to main content

Welcome to Random Movie Birb

Here are a few things you should know about this blog:

1.) I created this blog in order to reach many people and have conversations about films. While I won't be reviewing films and giving grades, I will give a few thoughts on the movies and communicate with everyone in the comments.

2.) Many people have many opinions about movies. Please be open and honest about what you think, but please be respectful of other people's opinions.

3.) I am going to be all over the place with the movies featured in this blog (hence the name, Random Movie Birb). It will be broken up into Random Birbs from my Letterboxd watchlist (which you can find at letterboxd.com/moviebirb/watchlist), Classic Birbs, as well as new releases.

Now a little about me:

Currently, I am a film and media studies major at Arizona State University online, where I hope to use that degree to get into film studies, reviewing, and writing. In 2017, I had the privilege to volunteer at TIFF, which is the first of hopefully many times I plan to volunteer and attend many different film festivals around the country. My hope is that in the next five years that aside from getting back to TIFF, I can also get to Sundance, Telluride, and New York.

If you're interested in checking me out on other social media platforms, you can check me out here:
Letterboxd.com/moviebirb 
Twitter: @moviebirb

I also started a Patreon, where my hope is that I can take this little blog to a full-fledged website, complete with audio podcasts and videos. You can find me at patreon.com/moviebirb.

Thank you for checking out my blog. I hope you enjoy the content, and I look forward to it evolving. 

-birb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Movie Birb Presents: My 18 Favorite Films of 2018- Part One

Movie Birb Presents:  My 18 Favorite Films of 2018 Part One- Honorable Mentions 2018 has been an amazing year for film, and for myself personally. By years end I will have seen over 160 motion pictures released in the 2018 calendar year, by far the most I have seen in one year. Being able to see so many films, write this blog, and communicate with everyone on social media has given me perspectives on films that I may not have seen previously, the way I watch films, and how to voice my opinion. This list is my personal opinion of what are my   favorite  films of 2018 are, and not what I think are the   best.  The list of honorable mentions is all of the films that I rated four-stars or higher that did not make my top 18. Without further ado, here are my honorable mentions for my favorite films of 2018. Four-Star Honorable Mentions Shoplifters-  Hirokazu Koreeda, Director Aquaman-  James Wan, Director Mary Poppins Returns-  Rob Marsha...

Best Picture Birb- Get Out

Get Out Starring: Daniel Kaluuya and Allison Williams Written and Directed by Jordan Peele US Release Date: February 24, 2017 Most Recent Viewing: March 3, 2018 Image Credit: movieposter.com Nominated for four Academy Awards (including Best Actor and Best Picture), Get Out is the directorial debut of Key & Peele star Jordan Peele, who also produced and wrote the screenplay.  Part horror-thriller, part social commentary on race in our society, Get Out  tells the story of the relationship between Chris (Daniel Kaluuya) and Rose (Allison Williams), and their dynamic when Rose brings Chris to meet her family for the first time. Bradley Whitford, Catherine Keener, and Caleb Landry Jones play Rose's parents and siblings.  This is so much more than your standard horror fare, and I am so happy that the Academy honored this film with as many nominations as it did. Blumhouse Productions, who have their hands in many of the big horror franchises on the last decade p...

ReBirb: Deadpool

Deadpool Starring: Ryan Reynolds and Morena Baccarin Directed by Tim Miller US Release Date: February 12th, 2016 Most Recent Viewing: May 17h, 2018 Image Credit: movieposter.com Getting a much-needed redo after first appearing in the debacle X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Ryan Reynolds returns to the big screen as the Merc with the Mouth, Deadpool.  Wade Wilson (Reynolds) is a mercenary by night and lover by later at night. Once he finds the girl of his dreams Vanessa (Baccarin), all seems right in the world. Until Wade receives a cancer diagnosis that renders him a dead man walking. One night he runs into a recruiter (Jed Rees) that tells him he can cure him of his cancer and make him superhuman if he joins their team. Relunctly he agrees, and in the process not only becomes an unrecognizable regenerating mutant, he comes face-to-face with his future arch-nemesis Ajax (aka Francis, Ed Skrein).  Much more than your standard superhero origin story, this is an opportunit...